Breakfast & After School Club
Early Morning Drop Off
We know parents are often busy so Stella Maris offers a secure, welcoming early drop-off and late pick-up care facility providing a structured play environment to keep children interested and occupied at the start and end of the day. Early morning drop-off runs from 8am – 9am include a variety of activities and is free of charge.
After School Club (ASC)
After School Club runs from 3.05pm to 5.30pm and is optional for all pupils. These sessions may be booked and paid for in advance or 'ad hoc' attendance will be billed at the end of each half term. Children can get involved in a range of activities including arts and crafts, board games and outdoor play (weather dependent) while older pupils can start their homework if they choose to.
Pupils are encouraged to have a healthy snack on arrival at 3:05 p.m.
Parents must ensure the school office knows whether their child is going to After School Club and at what time they are being collected and by whom. Parents are also encouraged to make children aware of arrangements so they know what is happening after school.
Any pupils who haven’t been picked up at 3.05pm will be collected by the After School Leader and signed into ASC at 3:15pm. Parents will then be charged the normal daily rate per child.
After School Club - Rules & Regulations
Please note that the club closes at 5.30pm promptly and places are allocated on a first-come, first served basis up to a max 16 pupils per session.
1. If parents find that they can't pick up their child before 5:30pm they must either make other arrangements or phone the school and explain that they will be late. Either way they must inform the school before 5:15pm. We recommend that all parents using the club have an emergency option in the case of being delayed at work or being unable to pick their child up by 5.30 pm.
2. If your child is not collected before 6:15pm the situation will be considered a 'safeguarding matter' and social services will have to be informed at this point.
3. Please be aware that the late collection of any child after 5.30 pm will necessitate a surcharge of £10.
After School Club charges
DAILY RATE (non booked):
3:05pm - 5pm - £6.50 for the session
3:05pm - 5:30pm - £7.50 for the session
ADVANCE BOOKING RATE:
3:05pm - 5:00pm - £5 per session
3:05pm – 5:30pm - £6 per session
Booking After School Club in Advance
• Advance booking can only made within the first week of each half term (i.e. the first 5 school days).
• Advance bookings can only be made via the school office with the fee paid up front for that half- term.
• Parents may book as many or few sessions as they wish, though to be eligible for advance booking sessions must be block booked and paid for each half-term in advance.
• Any after-school club sessions that follow on from a pupil taking part in an extra-curricular activity (e.g. multi-sports) on the same day will be charged the difference at either the daily or advance rate accordingly.
• Please note that advance booking fees are NON-refundable for any pre-booked sessions which are not attended (e.g. Illness, holiday, etc).
• Anyone not booking in advance will be charged the daily rate as outlined above.
• Invoices for ‘ad hoc’ attendance will continue to be billed half-termly retrospectively.